Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My love affair with a website...

Jumping in to the bargain hunting!

I have found over the past couple of years that bargain hunting/shopping truly is a hobby of mine. It may sound a bit dramatic, but the rush you get when you stumble upon an amazing deal and you snatch it up in the nick of time.....*sigh*. Its better than any drug (or so I've heard). So how do you even go about finding these deals, much less getting your hands on them? Let me just say this: EBAY IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND. You can find anything and everything on there, and I can honestly say that 85% of my wardrobe is bought via the site. For example, last summer I was really wanting several pairs of J. Crew Chino shorts:
But even though the shorts aren't really that expensive (they typically retail for around $45) I knew that I was not going to be able to get them in all the colors I wanted at that price. So what did I do? eBayed it (Yes, that is a verb). After several days of searching and watching, I ended up getting five pairs of nearly brand new shorts for $15!!! Talk about a deal! That's what I love about eBay. Oftentimes people are just looking to get rid of things and will sell at rock bottom prices, whether or not they know that their items are worth way more than what they are selling them for. 

There is a secret to being successful on eBay, however: patience. You will most likely not get what you are searching for on the first day or even the first week of looking. But when you find a deal, its a DEAL. If there is something you really have your heart set on, but know you can't afford, just check the site regularly. The odds are that it is already on there, and if its not, it will probably be on there soon. Another eBay tip: lets say that you are searching for a Vineyard Vines Shep Shirt. When searching in the tool bar, don't just simply type "Vineyard Vines Shep Shirt" and then be disappointed if you don't find anything. Try different terminology and see what may pop up! For example, try Vineyard Vines pullover, Vineyard Vines sweater, Vineyard Vines sweatshirt, VV shep shirt, shep shirt, or even just Vineyard Vines. Oftentimes sellers will not even know the correct name for the item they are selling, so while you may know the correct name, that may not be what the item is listed as. Trust me, just keep searching and don't give up, you will find amazing deals with patience and time!


What are some awesome deals that you have stumbled upon in the past? Have you ever had great success on eBay? 


Much love, 

cRm



PS: I am obsessed with these Peter Millar driving moccasins! What do you think?
They retail for $195, but I found them for $50 on (guess where) EBAY! :)










2 comments:

  1. I'm currently looking for a shep shirt and havent had any luck.
    Still looking though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it up! There will definitely be one on there eventually :) Also, Vineyard Vines will typically have a 25% off sale around July or August, so if you dont find one until then you could take that route :)

      Delete